Fire Safety for Kids
We here at the Cañon City Fire District think that being fire safe is pretty important.
The Fire Department has Fire Prevention Programs and Fire Safety Presentations for your school and you could ride on a REAL fire engine!
Here are some more fun things to do to help you be fire safe and smart.
Sparky the Firedog
Have fun with fire trucks, play games in Sparky's Arcade, Ask Sparky a question and lots more! Visit Sparky the Firedog's website!
You can download and print some coloring pages right here:
Sparky Says "Thank You" to Firefighters
Five Steps to Fire Safety
Stop, Drop, and Roll with Sparky (Spanish)
Here are some more of Sparky's Family Fire-Smart downloads:
- Escape Planning Grid - practice your escape plan with the entire family!
- Sparky's Home Safety Checklist to keep your family safe.
You'll need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader installed on your computer to view these files. Click here to download this FREE plugin
Rescue 1-Fire Safety for Kids
Have loads of fun in the Rescue 1 KIDS ZONE learning about fire safety!
- Take the Danger Challenge
- Do the Word Search
- Challenge your friends to take the fire quiz
- See how quick YOU can make it out of the EXIT DRILL
Did you know Forests cover almost 1/3 of the Earth's land? They provide shade, food and shelter for an enormous variety of plants and animals which call them home.
One of the greatest threats to forests is fire. Only YOU can prevent forest fires!
Visit Smokey the Bear on the web and:
- Get the BEAR FACTS and find out how much you know about Smokey the Bear
- Play the HOT new SmokeJumper Firefighting game and others
- Join Smokey's Mailing List (Ask your Parents first!)
- Create your own story about "In the Forest"